December is here and with it, throngs of women around the country are formulating their New Year Resolutions, vowing that this year will be the one! They are going to join that gym or start that nutrition plan or fit into that slinky black number that hasn’t fit right since the baby.
New Year New You time will be here in a hot minute and New Year Resolutions are definitely slanted towards healthier living goals, with exercise, weight loss, and better nutrition being super common. (Calling Captain Obvious, you’re needed in the cocktail lounge.)
One survey by NPR revealed (to the surprise of absolutely no one) that exercising more was the top resolution for those surveyed, quickly followed by losing weight and eating better in 3rd and 4th place.
Jokes aside about how common this theme is for Americans, especially of the female variety, the new year can legit be a potent and powerful motivator. And who couldn’t use some more of that, right? The New Year is an amazing opportunity to make a fresh start and is exactly why we see a huge surge of enrollment in our programs this time of year.
If you have plans to finally look and feel your very best in 2022, we have some seriously super news for you. How would you like to be guaranteed to lose 10 lbs or 10 inches? Pretty freaking awesome, right? Our exclusive detox program The SHED will do just that, or you get your money back. It is just the kick start you need to make changes that last your entire lifetime. (more about that later…)
If 2022 is going to be YOUR year to hit that ideal weight, don’t wait to start taking action ahead of the main event! There has never been a better time than RIGHT NOW to start prepping for lasting change in the new year.
Realizing it is December, which is positively filled with opportunities to eat, drink, and be merry, we have some sound advice to get yourself ready for January, without sweeping proclamations about sweets and adult drinks.
So, what should you be doing now, other than roasting chestnuts and caroling by the fire? So glad you asked.
7 Things to Do Before a New Year New You Weight Loss Program
- Begin working on your mindset. Here’s something that is left entirely out of most weight loss programs. If you do not change the way you think about your relationship to food, your weight loss success will be limited and short lived. We will work on this a great deal together in The SHED.
- Make a list of people who will support you. Achieving your weight loss goals is hard work. You need support to lift you up when you are feeling low, help you know you are not alone in your struggles, and to keep you accountable. One of the key components of The SHED is a private, members-only Facebook group that provides unparalleled support and community, helping everyone get where they want to go.
- Take your measurements. In order to track your progress and target areas where you’d like to see a change, you need to know where you are now. We ask all of our Shedders to measure these key areas: upper arms, chest, rib cage, waist, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, knees, and calves. Seeing those numbers get smaller, even by tiny increments, is more motivating than the promise of sleeping late on Sunday.
- Take photos of yourself. Start a file on your phone with pictures of yourself that will track how you look along the way. Start now with a front, back, side, and up close face pic. It is hard to notice changes in the body as you meet goals in a weight loss program. But when you look at a photo of when you started versus a few weeks in, BOOM! It’s golden. As you make progress, that smile is gonna get bigger and bigger!
- Have a Goal Planning Session: You will never get where you want to be if you don’t specifically decide upon a destination! Goal setting is absolutely imperative to your success in The SHED or any other weight loss program you choose. The actual lbs on the scale are not the only metric, either! Think about your lifestyle, energy levels, sleep quality, stress level, contentment with your body…these are the kind of goals we reach for in The SHED and you should shoot high in your journey as well.
- Start meal planning. Get a jump on the healthy eating side of things by considering what new recipes you will incorporate into your weekly meal plans. You do not want to find yourself in a situation where it’s dinner time, you’re starving, and you have no idea what to eat so you grab for the easiest thing available. We all know how that usually ends. Your best self is not going to be found in the drive thru. Need some inspo? Check out our Recipes that Rock. There are tons of delicious and nutritious options to try!
- Do Your First Weigh In: I know, nobody wants to get on that scale the first time. But you have to get a baseline number so you can know what you are working down from. If you don’t have a scale, get yourself one! You’re gonna need it and you may be surprised that it becomes super fun and exciting to step on up and see what you’ve accomplished!
Is the SHED the Weight Loss Program for You?
The SHED is high-touch and highly effective for those who commit and are interested in long-term results. The SHED community is supportive, magnanimous, and inspiring. We KNOW that The SHED is going to get you serious results. That’s why we back it up with a money-back guarantee. You lose 10 pounds, 10 inches, or you get your money back. Period.
10 pounds, 10 inches? How’s that for a New Year New You?
Want to see if The SHED is right for you? That’s great! Book a discovery call with Coach Rachel today. It’s no cost and no obligation. (of course!) It’s just a conversation to see if The SHED is what you need to change your mind, your body, your life.